About the SCCGS website
Best viewed on a desktop, the 536 pages on this public website of the St. Clair County Genealogical Society began with a dozen pages in 1998. Click for viewing tips. This website features:
- Three menus: the main menu under the courthouse logo, and a second one above and right, and a third menu in the right margin on data-heavy webpages for quick links pertaining to the Collection at hand.
- Vital records published in the Belleville Daily Advocate (1927–1954), a stand-alone database.
- Abstracts, databases, and indexes organized by COLLECTION. For example, vital records compiled from newspaper obituaries will be found under Newspapers.
- A surname index compiled from the SCCGS Quarterly over a period of 45 years.
- Research tips throughout the site, e.g., how to create alternate spellings of surnames, find a word on very long site pages, and locate topics published in the Quarterly.
- The opportunity for non-members to sign up for email announcements sent when a new publication is born. Members are automatically subscribed as a member benefit. Unsubscribe at any time.
Toggles and tabs are described on the Search page.
The compact menu shown below as three horizontal, stacked lines, is commonly seen on phones, or sometimes on a desktop if the browser is set to show enlarged pages.
To shrink the page so that the main menu appears across the full width of the browser, do this: On the keyboard, press and hold the Control key, then, with the mouse, scroll the wheel forward or backward until the window resizes and the main menu is fully visible (Home will be on the left, Search on the far right).
St. Clair County Genealogical Society, PO Box 431, Belleville, IL 62222-0431.
©1997, 2018, the St. Clair County Genealogical Society. All rights reserved.
Information may be linked to but not copied. Authorized by SCCGS Board of Directors. Contact Us.