About the SCCGS website
Best viewed on a desktop, the public website of the St. Clair County Genealogical Society began as a dozen pages in 1998. As of August 2018 it has grown to over 375 pages of indexes, transcriptions, finding-aids, and research tips. Click for viewing tips.
This redesigned website holds exciting and new developments:
- improved navigation menus: the main menu below the courthouse logo, and a second one above in upper right corner,
- online membership application and book orders for which we ask your patience as our volunteers work diligently to complete these,
- a standalone database for surnames published in the SCCGS Quarterly over a period of 40 years,
- research tips throughout the site, e.g., alternate spellings of surnames, finding a word on very long site pages, and locating topics published in the Quarterly, and
- the opportunity to sign up for email announcements to be sent about once a month. Unsubscribe at any time.
We welcome website suggestions or corrections and invite you to join SCCGS, enjoy all the benefits including member site access, become involved, and grow with us.
Toggles and tabs are used on some pages. Read about these at Search on the main menu above.
The compact menu shown on below is commonly seen on phones, or sometimes on a desktop if the browser is set to show enlarged pages.
To shrink the page so that the main menu appears across the full width of the browser, do this: On the keyboard, press and hold the Control key, then, with the mouse, scroll the wheel forward or backward until the window resizes and the main menu is fully visible (Home will be on the left, Search on the far right).
St. Clair County Genealogical Society, PO Box 431, Belleville, IL 62222-0431.
©1997, 2018, the St. Clair County Genealogical Society. All rights reserved.
Information may be linked to but not copied. Authorized by SCCGS Board of Directors. Contact Us.