Our Society Quarterly
The Quarterly averages 60 pages of genealogically significant records. Recently, a 31-page topical index to the Quarterly was featured in Volume 40 Number 4 (2017). Read the Notable Series below and search for an ancestor’s surname at the link. SCCGS strongly encourages thorough exploration of its Quarterly. The Society can supply copies for a small fee, or read it in one of several libraries across the U.S. The effort is often worth the time.
Click here for Quarterly Surname Index and Table of Contents
- 1850-1880 census mortality schedules
- 1862 military census for the county
- 1880 federal census extracts for St. Clair
- deaths filed at the courthouse 1877-1910, ongoing
- marriages 1906 – 1938, ongoing; continues where the statewide database ends
- military discharges A – Z on file in the Recorder’s office
- will and intestate probate indexes 1770s – 1964
Do you have a family story or record index to share?
SCCGS’s readers are interested in the origins of immigrant ancestors, their livelihood after settlement, abstracts of business and county records, and articles explaining how you found an elusive ancestor. Share your idea with the SCCGS Quarterly Editor.
The member website has sample articles and formatting suggestions.
SCCGS reserves the right to edit, accept, or reject submissions. Authors of original texts retain copyright and will sign an agreement permitting the Society to publish and reprint the article the Board deems appropriate.
St. Clair County Genealogical Society, PO Box 431, Belleville, IL 62222-0431.
©1997, 2018, the St. Clair County Genealogical Society. All rights reserved.
Information may be linked to but not copied. Authorized by SCCGS Board of Directors. Contact Us.