Vital Statistics Extracted from the Belleville (Ill.) Daily Advocate 1927 – 1954
Donated February 2008 to SCCGS by member Nancy Giles, compiler.
More than 132,000 vital statistics derived from the Belleville (Ill.) Daily Advocate 1927 – 1954 constitute this database. It is an extremely valuable resource for ancestral material between the census and after 1940.
- Type the surname (last name) or a keyword in the search box below, then tap the Enter key. A search for Brenner will find Brenner as well as Kalkbrenner. Keyword examples: cholera; fire; or Mascoutah.
- Wait until the database shows the first group of results – it takes several seconds.
- The bottom of the displayed entries has links to the next group of matches.
- To show the entire index again, clear the search box.
- Photocopies for a small fee may be ordered with this Research order form; please provide the 1) Name from the database, the 2) Newspaper as DA=Daily Advocate; 3) Newspaper publication date, page and column, 4) article title as given in the database below.
|Name||Event||Event Date||Paper||Pub. Date||Page||Column||Description|
|AARNS, Geraldine (Miss)||MAR||16 OCT 1951||DA||23 OCT 1951||8||7||Aarns - Haar Nuptials Read In Beckemeyer|
|Loading data from server ...|
- Event: Adoption (ADP), Birth (BIR), Baptism (BAP), Marriage (MAR), Divorce (DIV), Death (DTH)
- Event date (Some dates are calculated using context from the article)
- Newspaper Title (DA = Daily Advocate)
- Newspaper date
- Newspaper page
- Newspaper column
- Article title
Use this database freely for your private research.
Please do not copy parts of this database into other electronic media for any commercial use, free or paid.
Commercial use is expressly prohibited.
Citations in Reference Note format:
Citing this database:
- Nancy Giles, “Belleville (Ill.) Daily Advocate 1927 – 1954,” database, St. Clair County (Ill.) Genealogical Society, Vital Statistics Extracted From the Belleville (Ill.) Daily Advocate 1927 – 1954 (stclair-ilgs.org : [today’s date] ), entry for [ancestor’s name], [“Article or Headline Title”], [newspaper date, page, column].
After a photocopy is obtained, cite the original article as in the following example:
- Jane Doe obituary, Belleville Daily Advocate, Belleville, Illinois, 1 January 1945, [section if applicable], page 1, column 3.
Obtain a copy of the original article.
Note: Some articles contain more information than others. Obituaries usually provide more information than a death notice. Some regular columns were just lists of names, e.g., articles titled “Births,” or “Deaths” .
SCCGS wishes to recognize Joy Fisher, Los Angeles, California, for her expertise and generosity converting Mrs. Giles’ information into a searchable database–SCCGS’s first one online. The current database is fully searchable with thanks to Rick Ortiz.
Back to top
St. Clair County Genealogical Society, PO Box 431, Belleville, IL 62222-0431.
©1997, 2018, the St. Clair County Genealogical Society. All rights reserved.
Information may be linked to but not copied. Authorized by SCCGS Board of Directors. Contact Us.