Due to COVID-19 and concern for the health and safety of our volunteers, production and/or delivery of book, CD, research orders, and the Quarterly will be delayed dependent on the Illinois governor’s stay at home orders.
Photocopies we provide
Biographies, newspaper articles, and obituaries indexed on this website.
Please fill in and mail the Research order form with your check.
From our Quarterly
Mail this Quarterly order form to obtain
♦ entire issues, available in limited quantities.
♦ specific pages when and issue is out-of-stock.
♦ Sorry, online orders are not available at this time.
The Quarterly surname index and table of contents will help determine which articles may hold information about an ancestor or his extended family.
Connect with members researching the same family via Let’s Collaborate!
Questions we publish
Queries are printed in our Newsletter and Quarterly. Here are query guidelines.
Questions we answer
Though unable to provide in-depth research, our volunteers may be able to answer a specific question. Email your question via the Contact Us tab on the main menu above.
Examples of good questions which tell us some records you have already searched are:
- “Where can I get a marriage about 1870 for John Anyname to Mary, born [maiden name]?” Their first child, Einstein, was baptized in St. Clair at what is now St. Paul United Church of Christ, Belleville, per my copy of this book.
- “Where else can I search for a death circa 1890 for Perry Johnson.” There is no death certificate at the courthouse and he is not in the society’s cemetery indexes online and not in Find A Grave. His last residence was Cahokia in 1880.
Researchers – beginners to experienced – need help as new documents are discovered and ancestors disappear.
- Online classes, webinars, professional services
- Tips for researching your ancestor, pitfalls, sample research plans.
- What records are available for St. Clair? See the St. Clair County Research and Resources: A Genealogist’s Guide. The table of contents is on our Book page.
Did you find our site useful?
St. Clair County Genealogical Society, PO Box 431, Belleville, IL 62222-0431.
©1997, 2018, the St. Clair County Genealogical Society. All rights reserved.
Information may be linked to but not copied. Authorized by SCCGS Board of Directors. Contact Us.