One of SCCGS’s purposes is to preserve records of genealogical significance.
Quarterly and eNews
- Members receive both publications in digital format and may submit queries for publication on its pages (free). Notable series published in the Quarterly.
- Archived issues of the Quarterly are posted to the Member website. More than 250,000 names of our ancestors appear in the Quarterly. Find your ancestor in the surname index and order copies of articles.
- The eNews replaced the printed Newsletter in 2022. Past issues of the Newsletter are archived on the Member website.
Books are timeless in genealogy
- Our books for purchase, some digital.
- Church records are our specialty; many are translated from German. A few of these resources are also on this site.
- Cemeteries grouped by townships preserve tombstone readings for entire families scattered among them.
- The St. Clair County Research and Resources Guide has opened doors for many genealogists.
- Please support our efforts with your donation, or membership, or book purchase.
Website and social media
This, our public website, was “born” in 1997 and revised in 2018, the member website debuted in 2012. A few of our collections are featured on these sites. Keep up to date with our Facebook page. Non-members can sign up for occasional announcements on this site’s home page (members automatically receive this upon joining SCCGS.
Find this site useful?
You do *not* need a PayPal account to donate on PayPal's secure site.
St. Clair County Genealogical Society, PO Box 431, Belleville, IL 62222-0431.
©1997, 2018, the St. Clair County Genealogical Society. All rights reserved.
Information may be linked to but not copied. Authorized by SCCGS Board of Directors. Contact Us.