There are several ways to help SCCGS besides monetary donations for which we are always grateful! The St. Clair County Genealogical Society, is a 501(c)(3) tax exempt organization.
SCCGS is part of the eScrip program in which Schnucks grocery store contributes 1% of your total purchase. Just sign up for a loyalty card (not a charge card and you are not required to link a charge card). SCCGS received nearly $200.00 in 2017 from members who joined this program. Thank you all!
Donating to SCCGS with eScrip is easy
- Stop in at Schnucks and pick up a My Schnucks Card.
- Register your card online at escrip.com/schnucks or by calling 1-800-931-6258 and wait until a representative comes on the line.
- Select St. Clair County Genealogical Society as the non-profit (our Schnucks eScrip code is 500044074)
- Show your card each time **before** your last grocery item is scanned.
Questions? Learn more at this link.
Remember SCCGS in your will
The Society was fortunate to be one of the recipients from two bequests: Martha Mae Schmidt, and Shirley White Kunz.
- Our non-profit EIN number is (37-1063435). To verify our tax exempt status, visit the IRS website Exempt Organizations Select Check. In its Search box
- Select the search option By Organization
- Type exactly (or copy/paste) our name, St Clair County Genealogical Society
- Type the city as Belleville. Omit or type the state IL, click search or find. Scroll down to see our society’s information.
Donations of time and talent
Publish your family history
Your family history research deserves to be compiled, printed, and bound in book form for SCCGS’s holdings at the library. Length is of no concern and your word processing or genealogy software are great tools to help you accomplish this labor of love.
Our long-distance members can share time and talents with “the locals.” Projects can be tailored to match your needs.
Some areas you can help: word processing and/or spreadsheet software knowledge, indexing, transcribing, scheduling lectures, project oversight, tombstone readings, provide photocopies, translate German into English, or volunteer to serve on our Board or as an assistant. Contact us.
Articles for our Quarterly or a short quip for our Newsletter are welcome. Not a writer? Leave the editing to us. The member site posts examples and guidelines. Not a member yet? Contact our editors here.
St. Clair County Genealogical Society, PO Box 431, Belleville, IL 62222-0431.
©1997, 2018, the St. Clair County Genealogical Society. All rights reserved.
Information may be linked to but not copied. Authorized by SCCGS Board of Directors. Contact Us.